About Long Live the Kings (LLTK)
LLTK’s mission is to restore wild salmon and steelhead and support sustainable fishing in the Pacific Northwest. Since 1986, we have been advancing science, improving management, and implementing solutions to balance the needs of fish and people. LLTK envisions a sustainable Northwest with a growing human population, a thriving economy, and flourishing salmon runs.
Our 18-member Board of Directors and 16 dedicated staff members seek broad involvement to help us accomplish our goals. Our core values are stewardship, collaboration, results, and learning. Our staff are located in Seattle, Hood Canal, and Orcas Island, and work throughout western Washington and the Pacific Northwest. Learn more about us in our 2025 Strategic Roadmap and on our website.
Position Summary – Database Assistant (Part-Time)
You will join our Development and Communications Team, reporting to LLTK’s Senior Grants and Database Manager to help meet LLTK’s growing data management needs. This is an entry level and part-time position at 24 hours/week (compensation range provided below).
If you’re looking to launch a career in the nonprofit sector or already have some experience working within non-profit fundraising/administration or working within a CRM, we hope you’ll take a closer look at this opportunity to deliver big impact for salmon and the communities who depend on them. We will offer full training on the systems this position requires as well as a briefing on organizational norms and culture, expectations, etc. In short, our team will make sure you know what is expected of you, and how to do it well.
This position is based in downtown Seattle (5th & University) in our administrative office and requires an in-person presence at least four days per week with limited opportunities for remote work. This position will also feature occasional regional travel opportunities to support LLTK’s annual fundraising and outreach events.
- Donor records and acknowledgments:
- * Prompt donation entry into Bloomerang (LLTK’s CRM Database)
- * Track, assign, and craft donor acknowledgements to ensure timely donation recognition
- * Regularly reconcile donations with the LLTK finance team
- Events Data in Bloomerang and Greater Giving (LLTK’s events management software):
- * Track and enter event RSVPs
- * Track auction procurement
- With additional time and training:
- * Lead database hygiene efforts to maintain data accuracy within Bloomerang
- * Craft and analyze complex donor reports to help the Development team craft data driven fundraising solicitation strategies
- * Further integrate Bloomerang with LLTK’s website, Greater Giving, and other fundraising tools
General Fundraising Assistance
- Attend and support LLTK’s three annual fundraisers and a limited number of community outreach events
- As needed, support major fundraising appeals (e.g., printing, stuffing, addressing, and delivering donor solicitation letters)
- Collect and log mail delivered to the administrative office
- Participate fully in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives
- Participate in team building activities to help build a fun, welcoming, and productive workplace
Minimum Experience, Skills, & Qualifications
- 1+ years of a combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the previously outlined job responsibilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (with an emphasis on Excel)
- Problem solver with a genuine interest in how data is collected and can improve decision making
- Understanding of basic algebra and statistics to aid in donor data analysis
- Close attention to detail to ensure highly accurate donor data
- Desire to be a part of our diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Commitment to continued learning around database management best practices
- Ability to plan and execute work with minimal oversight (with appropriate training and support)
- Strong commitment to confidentiality of donor and organizational information
Desired Experience, Skills, & Qualifications
- Experience using a CRM (Bloomerang, Salesforce, Razor’s Edge, Little Green Light, etc.)
- Experience working within non-profit fundraising
- Basic understanding of Logical (Boolean) Operators (using And, Or, Not to filter searches within a database)
- Bring something new to LLTK through your personhood, talents, lived experience, etc. – you are an addition to our culture
- Passion for protecting and stewarding nature and wildlife
Compensation, Benefits, & Location
The hourly rate for this position is $22.00-$30.00 (the range aims to accommodate those with varying years of relevant experience and/or education).
- Paid Time Off (sick leave accrues at 1 hour for every 40 hours worked)
- 401k with matching opportunities (after one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked)
- Flex Spending Account
- Dependent Care FSA
- Quarterly Cell Phone Stipend ($60)
- ORCA Pass for commuting
- Dog Friendly Office
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Staff and Board have begun a formal process of examining ourselves and our organization with a DEI lens and have started implementing changes. Our intention is to do this work so that we can authentically embrace DEI principles as a core value that drives the success of our people, our partners, and our work.
How to Apply
We welcome and encourage qualified people of all identities and abilities to apply. Please email all application materials to Lynn Baker at email@example.com to apply. Include how/where you heard about the opening, a resume (1 page max), and a cover letter (1 page max) that describes your interest in LLTK, this position, your relevant qualifications and experience, and how you would be an addition to our culture. Application reviews will begin 6/07/23 and remain open until filled. We look forward to learning more about you!