Long Live the Kings (LLTK) seeks a Partnerships & Events Intern to support our spring 2019 fundraising event and general development and communications efforts. LLTK is a salmon conservation nonprofit organization based in downtown Seattle. Our mission is to restore wild salmon and steelhead and support sustainable fishing in the Pacific Northwest. Since our founding in 1986, we have combined innovative field work, pioneering science, broad partnerships, and sophisticated new management tools to help decision-makers advance salmon recovery while balancing the needs of fish and people.
We offer a fast-paced work environment that fosters learning real-life workplace skills. This internship requires a motivated and detail-oriented person, interested in special events, fundraising, and communications. Ideal candidates will have some education, experience, and interest in event planning, auction procurement, fundraising, and communications.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Support the Partnerships team in the execution of our Spring Gala, primarily focusing on auction procurement and other administrative tasks related to development and communications
- Skilled at making cold calls and emails; be able to professionally handle “no” responses and carry on
- Assist with data entry using Bloomerang and Maestro CRMs
- Attend and help execute the Spring Gala, March 14th, 2019
- Compile, organize, and archive documents and files
- Proficiency in WordPress to manage event page and track ticket sales
- Top-notch interpersonal and communication skills in person and by phone
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and perform web searches
- Competent multitasker, able to meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
The internship starts immediately and will conclude in late March 2019, after our spring fundraising event (March 14th, 2019). We are seeking an intern to assist with event-related tasks, working 10-20 hours per week from our office in Downtown Seattle during normal work hours. It is preferred that the intern be able to increase their hours to 25-30+ hours per week for the two weeks prior to and the week following our event. Working the event date, the two proceeding weeks, and the week after the event are mandatory, as is working offsite (at event venue) on event date. Increased hours and timeline may be negotiable, based on availability, but a minimum of 20 hours/week during the three-week event period detailed is required.
The intern will work under the direction of the Events & Partnerships Specialist and will provide support to the entire Partnerships team. LLTK is able to work with your school to ensure course credit is earned through the internship. A stipend will be provided upon completion.
Internship position open until filled. To apply, please send interest letter and resume to Erin Lee at email@example.com.