Long Live the Kings, a salmon recovery nonprofit located in downtown Seattle is looking for an energetic and resourceful professional, someone who enjoys problem solving and a knack for numbers. If you are a skilled, part-time bookkeeper with experience recording day-to-day financial transactions, and enjoys being part of a collaborative team and bringing fresh ideas to the table this may be the fit for you. Your focus will primarily be on accounts payable with growth potential to handle accounts receivable and other financial duties. The bookkeeper will help facilitate the daily financial workings of this ambitious non-profit, with an annual budget of roughly $2.5 million (www.lltk.org). The selected candidate will receive hands on training in the industry’s leading fund accounting software; Abila MIP Fund Accounting.
Applications received prior to July 19 will receive priority.
Position at Long Live the Kings
- Process accounts payable
- Prepare monthly cash receipts upload from online sales
- Potentially process accounts receivable
- Enter budgets into financial management software
- Complete tax forms
- Interface with third party 990 tax preparers as needed
- Aid in establishing and enforcing financial procedures
- Oversee timely collection of receivables
- Maintain timesheets
- File management
- Assist in annual audit
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Proven history of reliability and honesty
- Ability to be in the office on a consistent schedule
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and account payable principles. Experience with accounts receivables a plus
- Proven ability to calculate and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and accounting software
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software a plus
- High proficiency in MS Excel a plus
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of non-profit finance and accounting
- An associate or higher degree in accounting, business administration or finance is a plus.
To apply, please send a brief one-page cover letter and resume to Allegra Carscallen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about us at www.lltk.org.